How toilet paper rolls can be upcycled into handy organizers
Toilet paper rolls are a common household item that many people throw away without thinking twice. However, these cardboard tubes can be repurposed into a variety of handy organizers with just a bit of creativity. Upcycling toilet paper rolls keeps them out of landfills and allows you to make customized storage solutions.
Reasons to upcycle toilet paper rolls
Here are some of the main benefits of reusing toilet paper tubes instead of tossing them in the garbage:
Environmentally friendly. Repurposing TP rolls reduces waste and your carbon footprint. Cardboard doesn’t readily biodegrade in landfills.
Free crafting material. Toilet paper tubes are free to acquire and provide a versatile crafting base. Their small size and cylindrical shape lend them to many uses.
Creative potential. With some imagination, toilet paper rolls can be made into organizers perfectly suited to your needs. Customize them to corral small items in your home or office.
Fun DIY project. Turning trash into treasure is satisfying! Upcycling toilet paper rolls into organizers is an enjoyable craft.
Helpful materials and tools
Transforming toilet paper rolls into organizers is easy to do with basic craft supplies:
Scissors/craft knife to cut rolls and cardstock to size
Ruler to measure pieces
Glue (stick or liquid) to join pieces together
Cardstock, construction paper for decorative outsides
Paint, markers, stickers to decorate
String, ribbon, raffia to tie or hang organizers
Hot glue gun for quick, strong bonds (supervision needed)
Having these tools on hand allows you to customize TP roll organizers to suit any space or need.
Creative ways to upcycle toilet paper rolls
With a little imagination, the possibilities are endless for how to transform toilet paper tubes into functional organizers and storage solutions. Here are some creative ideas to get you started:
Desk supplies organizer
- Make dividers by cutting rolls to organize writing utensils, clips, tacks, and other desk items in one portable caddy.
Electronics cord manager
- Glue rolls side by side onto a cardstock base. Wind cords around the tubes to prevent tangled messes.
- Stack cut rolls of varying heights into a tower to hold rings, earrings, and necklaces. Hot glue them together.
- Adhere rolls horizontally to a wall-mounted board. Label each one with a different spice.
Craft supply organizer
- Use individual tubes to hold scissors, paint brushes, glues, and other small tools needed for hobbies and projects.
Sock pair organizer
- Secure toilet paper rolls to the inside of a drawer. Roll up socks and insert them in the tubes to keep pairs together.
With a dash of creativity and a few basic materials, the possibilities are endless for upcycling toilet paper rolls into DIY organizers perfect for taming clutter in any room. Give toilet paper tubes a second life and reap the rewards of handy storage solutions.