How to Repurpose Used Toilet Paper Rolls
Reusing toilet paper rolls is a great way to reduce waste and get creative with crafts and organizational projects. Here are some ideas for repurposing toilet paper rolls.
Before starting any toilet paper roll project, you’ll need to collect rolls. I like to have a small bin in the bathroom to toss empty rolls into. Other materials I gather:
- Scissors – for cutting rolls
- Glue – all-purpose and hot glue work well
- Paint, markers, crayons – for decorating
- Yarn, string – for hanging projects
- Seeds, soil – for gardening projects
Toilet paper rolls make great craft materials. Their cylindrical shape lends itself to many applications. Here are some creative ways to reuse TP rolls for crafts:
- Cut rolls to various heights for a tiered effect.
- Paint or wrap them in patterned paper or scrapbook paper.
- Add decorations like ribbons, lace, or raffia.
- Fill with flowers or foliage.
- Cut rolls into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Paint or decoupage the cut pieces.
- Attach a string through the center of each piece.
- Hang with beads, bells, feathers, or other embellishments.
- Cut rolls widthwise to make stampers.
- Decorate by painting patterns or gluing items like buttons.
- Dip stamper into paint or ink pad and stamp designs.
Toilet paper rolls are the perfect size for organizing small items. Get crafty with these storage solutions:
- Stand rolls upright in a holder or small box.
- Use them to corral paper clips, tacks, and other desk supplies.
- Decorate the rolls by painting or wrapping with patterned paper.
- Glue rolls to a board or inside a box/drawer.
- Paint and decorate the rolls.
- Drop earrings into the open rolls to keep pairs together.
Spice Drawer Organizers
- Label rolls with spice names using paint or stickers.
- Set them upright in a drawer to neatly organize spices.
Don’t throw away toilet paper rolls! Use them in fun gardening and outdoor projects:
- Fill rolls with soil and add seeds.
- When seedlings sprout, transplant roll and all into garden.
- The cardboard will decompose naturally.
- Stuff an empty roll with dryer lint or wax paper.
- Add a wick made of twine at one end.
- Light the wick to start a fire or fireplace.
- Glue together several toilet paper rolls.
- Decorate the tube with natural elements like sticks or pinecones.
- Hang it up outside as a home for beneficial insects.
With a little creativity, the possibilities are endless for repurposing toilet paper rolls! Gather your materials and try crafting one of these fun projects. Reduce waste while getting your craft on.